MuhondoCoffee Washing Stationlocated in Muhondo Sector, Gakenke District in Northern Province. It is owned by Muhondo Coffee Company Ltd founded by 4 coffee growers on 11ha with 30,000 coffee trees, the company represented by HABYARIMANA Jean Nepomuscene; The Washing station was built in 2006 Cooperative but started to be fully operated byMuhondo Coffee Company in 2013. Refers to The uniqueness of our coffee it has been awarded :
-2014: 1st Winner with Presidential Award ( 91.0 Score ) .
-2015: 3rd Winner ( 89.89 Score ) .
– Our coffee is certified with Café Practices since 2016 .
The coffee washing station is on a small scale but has tremendously impacted the local communities through youth and women employments, contribution to farmer’s income and community involvement through social project initiated such as farmer’s loan and clean Water Supply .
Northern Province .
Altitude : 1,750m-2,200m
– Coffee threesup to 100,000 on 40ha.
– More certification for our Coffee .
– Increasing the volume of exported coffee up to 20 containers per year .
– Own dry mill
– Cooperate with strong partners: Buyer’s Company, and international Banks.
– Improving the quality of coffee as role mode in coffee plantation .
– Wellbeing of the farners and members of the company
– Improving our supply chain from farm tocup .
– Job creation for many Peoples .
No. of Farmers
1845 Coffee Farmers , working with the washing Station .